- The 2017 Reunion will be held in Vicksburg, Mississippi. This was the selection from those present at the 2015 Reunion.
- The dates are Thursday or Friday, September 22 or 23 (whenever you can arrive) through departure on Sunday September 24.
- The place is Holiday Inn on 4330 South Frontage Road. The rate is $104/night plus 10% tax for single or double occupancy with $114 and $124 for triple and quadruple occupancy.
- There will be a meeting room. It is a practice of the Inn to charge for the room, with the rate depending on the number of rooms we take. It is probable that there will be no additional charge to the attendees. Guests may bring their own beverages into the meeting room.
- To make your reservation, call 601-634-8777; indicate to the desk that you are reserving a room for the USS Sumner County (LST 1148) reunion.
- There are several travel options for those coming in from afar. One to consider is to fly into New Orleans and rent a car.
- One of the key naval exhibits in Vicksburg is the raised and partially restored USS Cairo, an early mechanized vessel of war employed in the Civil War. She was sunk by a mine (then called torpedo) in 1862.
- Here are two sites that will provide some ideas on things to do in Vicksburg:
Vicksburg Nationl Park